Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Becoming A Leader

Over the last decade, I have been persuaded to lead a cg in church. In fact, I was sent for and have completed leaders' training. My church is structured in such a way that you'll be mentored by somebody and in turn, you'll mentor some other people. I used to avoid this subject. In fact, if you ask me one year ago, I'll tell you it's not time yet.

Lately, I came across this verse which had somehow impacted me so much that I wouldn't stop thinking about it:

“I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you asked in my name........................” John 14:12

Visions have birth forth ever since. I began see myself becoming what my leaders were always encouraging me to be.

For a long time, people have been contributing into my life. Teaching me skills and ways of life. I have reached a point which I really want to contribute in a magnitude I've never done before. It is difficult to put my thoughts across. To put it simply, I just want to make a difference.

Project comes and goes. Things are changing all the time. However, the impact we make in the lives of others will last.

No comments: